The training is supported by a textbook and a series of manuals (trainer and trainee manual), and over 20 publications.
Some of the recent publications include:
- James, I.A., & Gibbons, L. (2019). Communication Skills For Effective Dementia Care. Jessica Kingsley: London.
- Thompson, D., Shirley, L., Gray, K. & James, I.A. (2022). New perspectives on the management of behavioural and emotional expressions of need: The micro-skills involved in de-escalating agitation. Journal of Dementia Care, 30(2), 22-23.
- James. I.A., Sofrano, M. & Kamal, O. (2022). Use of CAIT in Acute Hospitals and physical health settings: the Solihull teaching. Psychology of Older People: The FPOP Bulletin, BPS (April 2022).
- James, I. Gray, K. Moniz-Cook, E., et al. (2021). A new holistic non-pharmacological framework for understanding and managing behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia. British Journal Psychiatry Advances. doi: 10.1192/bja.2021.12
- Crooks, M, Smith, K., Bell, L., James, I. (2021). Restraints and restrictive interventions during essential personal care in elderly people living with dementia in care homes. International Neuropsychiatric Disease Journal. 15(2): 26-38. Article no.INDJ.65546
- James, I.A., Medea, B. & Reichelt, K. (2021). De-escalation strategies in the management of challenging behaviour in dementia: Creating a competent and articulate workforce. Psychology of Older People: The FPOP Bulletin, 153.
- James, I. Reichelt, K, Moniz-Cook, E. et al (2020). Challenging behaviour in dementia care: a novel framework for translating knowledge to practice. The Cognitive Behaviour Therapist. 13, e43. DOI: 10.1080/13607863.2020.1830944
- James, I. and Moniz-Cook, E. (2018). Behaviour that Challenges in Dementia. BPS Advisory Group. https://www.bps.org.uk/sites/bps.org.uk/files/Policy/Policy
- James, I.A., & Reichelt, K. (2019). Understanding people’s needs: the 8-needs framework for the treatment of behaviours that challenge. Psychology of Older People: The FPOP Bulletin. 147, 24-30.
- James, I.A., Marshall, J., & Thwaites, S. (2017). Improving communication skills in dementia care: Utilising the British Psychological Society’s stepped-care model for treatment of behaviour that challenges. Psychology of Older People: The FPOP Bulletin. 137, 36-41.