We are committed to offering a range of financial and non financial benefits.
Through our Health and Wellbeing initiatives our staff have access to a great range of benefits and initiatives to improve their working lives. Our dedicated website, Thrive includes a wealth of information and support for employees on health and wellbeing, career development, social networks, discounts and financial wellbeing schemes, plus much more.
Some of the benefits we provide include:
- SMART Tech schemes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Lease Car scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Annual Travel Pass scheme
- Flexible working
- Flexible retirement
- Free parking on Trust sites
- Electric car charging
- Free use of onsite Gyms
- Offers and discounts at local gyms
- Fitness and Exercise classes
- Discounts and benefits
Looking after the wellbeing of our staff
All staff can access our dedicated Employee Health and Wellbeing Service (occupational health and counselling services). Here you will find a wide range of benefits as well a Trustwide support which includes:
- Counselling and critical incident support
- Psychotherapy and psychologies therapies
- Fast-tracking for stress and musculo-skeletal disorders
- Health and wellbeing initiatives designed to support you in every aspect of your life
- Staff Networks including dedicated Staff Health and Wellbeing support
- Dedicated Menopause Support Groups
- Opportunities for reflection and Schwarz round programmes
CNTW values and respects the diversity of its employees. We aim to recruit a workforce that reflects our diverse communities. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, disability including mental health conditions or other personal circumstances, and are particularly keen to receive applications from:
- People from Black, Asian or minority ethnic background.
- Disabled people whether their impairments are physical, sensory, cognitive or hidden.
- Veterans and members of the Armed Forces and their dependants who may be interested in a career in the NHS.
As a trust we value and celebrate individual achievement and the achievements of teams. We do this locally with our annual Staff Excellence Awards, and by entering staff and services for external awards.
It is not just our people that have been celebrated. Our sites have been recognised too, including Bamburgh Clinic at St. Nicholas Hospital , Hopewood Park and Ferndene (Prudhoe), which have all won awards for their architecture.