As an employer we are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of our people and are continuously reviewing and updating our offer based on the feedback we get back from engagement work we carry out across the organisation.
Our approach is based on the Health and Wellbeing Star which represents the 6 aspects wellbeing.
Our Health and Wellbeing is central to everything we do at home and at work, and we understand that looking after ourselves and each other is key in ensuring we continue to deliver the high standards of care that we offer. We want to work with you to foster an open, positive and flexible work culture where you can talk about the support and help that you need.
We want to work with our people to explore the different ways to support and encourage all of us to be more active or make a positive change no matter how small in any of the areas for wellbeing highlighted in the wellbeing star.
We work collaboratively with others throughout the organisation to bring together a range of schemes that support our people to develop and maintain a healthy work life balance, this can include anything from financial advice to where to find community-based activities.
Thrive is our dedicated staff wellbeing website which provides a wealth of information and support for staff on health and wellbeing, career development, social networks and discounts and rewards that are available to you 24/7 at a time that is convenient for you.
Some of the benefits we provide include:
- Smart tech scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Lease car scheme
- Childcare Discounts
- Annual travel pass
- Flexible working
- Flexible retirement
- Free parking on Trust sites
- Electric car charging
- Free use of onsite gyms
- Offers and discounts at local gyms
- Discount to yoga
- Discounts and benefits
- Savings on products/services through Vivup, our rewards and benefits partner
- Family friendly activities with discounts
Looking after the wellbeing of our staff
All staff can access our dedicated Employee Health and Wellbeing Service (occupational health and counselling services). The service provides a wide range of benefits as well a Trustwide support which includes:
- Fast-tracking for stress and musculo-skeletal disorders
- Health and wellbeing initiatives designed to support you in every aspect of your life
- Staff Networks and committees
- Dedicated menopause support group
- Opportunities for reflection and Schwarz round programmes
The Trust has its own Staff Psychological Centre (SPC) which offers a range of brief evidence-based psychotherapies and specialist interventions to staff who may be experiencing mental health difficulties.
Find out more on the Thrive website here: Psychological Wellbeing – Thrive
Better Health at Work Award
CNTW was awarded Ambassador Status in 2023 for the Better Health at Work Award (BHAWA), recognising the ongoing work carried out across the organisation to support and promote staff health and wellbeing. Organisations can be recommended for the Ambassador Status when they achieve ‘Maintaining Excellence’, the highest level of the award, which the Trust has been awarded since 2017.
Recent health and wellbeing initiatives at the Trust have included:
- Activities to support staff going through menopause, such as ‘Menopause Cafes’ to provide a space for discussion. The Trust developed a ‘menopause toolkit’, with information and resources for staff and their managers.
- Outdoor experiences such as alpaca treks, target games, and nature walks, to support staff’s fitness and help them connect with nature.
- Webinars and drop-in sessions from Barclays to help staff overcome their money worries.
We offer a broad range of training and career development opportunities through our in-house Academy team to help you both personally and professionally, including apprenticeships, and a leadership development programme.
It’s important that we have the right staff, with the right skills, in the right place.
We can offer
- Nursing Degree Apprenticeships
- Line Manager Training
- Collective Leadership and Management Development Programme
Staff Excellence Awards
Every year the Trust celebrates the dedication, hard work and achievements of CNTW and NTW Solutions staff at our Annual Staff Excellence Awards.
You can find out more about our Annual Staff Excellence Awards on Thrive: Staff Excellence Awards – Thrive
NHS People Promise
As an organisation we are committed to implementing the 7 aspects of the NHS People Promise which was developed based on the feedback of 1.3 million NHS Staff. For more information on People Promise you can visit the NHS England website.