What we do
Northumberland Recovery Partnership (NRP) is a dedicated service for anyone in Northumberland, 18 years old or over, who is experiencing problems with drugs and alcohol.
We are here to help you get well and stay well and we believe recovery from addiction and substance misuse is possible for everyone, and we’re here you help you achieve it.
Please note that we are not a mental health service and as such if you require mental health support please contact your Community Mental Health Team or Crisis Team for emergency support.
We offer the following support which is tailored to help you on your recovery journey:
- Abstinence programmes – group and community-based 12 step programmes
- Harm reduction – safer injecting support and needle exchange
- Medical support including prescription of substitute medications and supporting detoxification programmes
- Dedicated Recovery Co-ordinator to motivate and support you through every stage of your recovery journey
- Recovery support – ongoing services to help with your next steps into employment, housing and health
NRP is a partnership between Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust, Changing Lives and Turning Point.
NRP can arrange for interpreters to be present during appointments, please ask when you are referred to the service in order for us to arrange this for you.
How to be referred
The service is available to anyone in Northumberland, 18 years old or over, who is experiencing problems with drugs and alcohol.
Referrals are accepted by self-referral, GP or other health professional. You can do this by calling the telephone number above.