This leaflet may not be reproduced in whole or in part, without the permission of Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
Share this page:
This leaflet provides you with information about the Regional Disability Team. If you have any questions about anything in this leaflet please ask a member of staff.
The Regional Disability Team offers a range of services for people with long term neurological disabilities aged from 16 years onwards. It is based at Walkergate Park.
An initial appointment with one or more members of the team or an appointment in clinic to assess your needs and establish a treatment plan. Appointments may be held at the centre or in your own home.
Referrals to the team are taken from GPs and other health professionals, as well as self referral for those who have been seen by the service in the last six months.
• List of current medication and any known allergies.
We encourage you to bring your partner, supporter or another family member along with you to the initial assessment. Our team offers support to them too.
• group/individual treatment programmes
• exercise advice
• orthotics as part of your physiotherapy treatment
• assessment and advice for daily living
• self care skills and equipment
• development of independent living skills
• fatigue management
• Supports and enables you and members of your family to manage or resolve issues of an emotional nature which give rise to difficult feelings. This service is confidential.
• Carry out assessments and therapy aiming to increase understanding of memory, emotional and physical health problems and to facilitate good adjustment throughout the stages of your illness.
• You may be seen by the rehabilitation medical team in an outpatient Regional Disability Team Clinic.
• Podiatry for assessment and management of foot problems.
Please note that we take students on clinical placement however you will always be asked for your consent before the appointment for them to attend. You have the right to refuse.
The team has access to other services within Neuro-Rehabilitation and Neuropsychiatry.
- Sex and Relationships
- Continence for people with Multiple Sclerosis
- General Medical Neuro-rehabilitation Clinics
• The Community Multiple Sclerosis Team
• Northumberland Head Injury Service Team
• North East Drive Mobility which is a specialist service based at Walkergate Park, providing assessment and advice on driving, getting in and out of cars and advice on adaptations.
• Environmental Control Systems Service
• Regional Communication Assessment Service
• Inpatient admission to Neuro-rehab/neuropsychiatry wards
Please ask your health professional if you would like further advice or information on the above services.
• Simon Easton, Team Lead: 0191 287 5080
• Julie Taylor, Administrator: 0191 287 5080
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that information sent to the Trust via email is sent at your own risk.
If you want to make a comment, suggestion, compliment or complaint you can:
• talk to the people directly involved in your care
• ask a member of staff for a feedback form, or complete a form on the Trust website www.cntw.nhs.uk (click on the ‘Contact Us’ tab)
• telephone the Complaints Department 0191 245 6672
• email email@example.com Please note that information sent to the Trust via email is sent at your own risk
• We are always looking at ways to improve services. Your feedback allows us to monitor the quality of our services and act upon issues that you bring to our attention.
You can provide feedback in the following ways:
- the quickest way for you to do this is to complete our short online survey at www.cntw.nhs.uk/poy
- complete a Points of You survey, available from staff.
Further information about the content, reference sources or production of this leaflet can be obtained from the Patient Information Centre. If you would like to tell us what you think about this leaflet please get in touch.
This information can be made available in a range of formats on request (eg Braille, audio, larger print, easy read, BSL or other languages). Please contact the Patient Information Centre
Tel: 0191 246 7288
Published by the Patient Information Centre
2020 Copyright, Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
Ref, PIC/160/0419 April 2019 V5
www.cntw.nhs.uk Tel: 0191 246 7288
Review date 2022