Qualifications include BA Accounting and Finance.
Experience and skills/expertise:
- Awarded an MBE in the 2017 Queen’s Birthday Honours list for services to Arts and Culture
- In 2009 received the Gateshead Award by the Mayor for outstanding service to Gateshead.
- Awarded Asian Business Connexions Art and Culture award in 2016, and then again in 2019.
- Double digit revenue growth and exceeding KPI and targets year on year.
- Maintaining the highest Arts Council England rating of ‘Outstanding’ for Creativity, Diversity & Engagement
- Developing a culturally diverse workforce – managing over 200 freelance artists/creatives annually
- Growing audiences to 80,000+ and engaging with over 9000 participants from diverse communities
- Winning Journal Culture Award for GemArts Masala Festival in 2017
- Founder and Director of GemArts a visionary arts charity based in Gateshead