Experience and skills/expertise:
• 20 years’ experience as a Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist;
• Extensive expertise in the clinical assessment and management of mentally disordered offenders and (provide clinical expertise to the Newcastle Crown Court Mental Health Team). Significant experience of service development in the area of offender health;
• Specialist expertise in management of offenders presenting with stalking behaviour having contributed to national and international conferences and influenced training policy within this field;
• Significant experience in medical education and training having previously held the position of Training Programme Director for Forensic Psychiatry within the North East region;
• Served as an elected member of the Forensic Executive Faculty and the Joint Chair of the Community Diversion and Prison Psychiatry Group of the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
Current National Roles;
• Invited member of CASS Business School Advisory Group involved in the development of Masters in Medical Leadership, City University of London;
• Invited Member of the Mental Health Economics Collaborative, Mental Health Confederation;
• invited member of the National Health and Justice Clinical Reference Group.