Kinnersley is an inpatient ward based at St George’s Park in Morpeth. Kinnersley has 23 beds in a mix of single person flats and 2/3 bedroom houses providing rehabilitation and recovery by a multi disciplinary team. They will support you to develop new skills to manage your mental health. Activities and interventions are matched according to your individual needs. You, and your family and carers, will be encouraged to be as involved as possible in the planning and reviewing of your care and treatment.
We will support you with:
- daily living skills
- developing social skills and interests
- improving self esteem and self confidence
- maintaining contact with family and significant others
- joining education and vocational programmes
- finding move on accommodation.
Some of the activities offered include:
- shopping and cooking
- football, gym and pool
- fishing group
- attending college
- walking groups and trips to visit local places of interest, cinema visits
- arts and crafts
Who is Kinnersley for?
The service is for men and women over the age of 18 years with complex mental health needs who require medium-term intensive rehabilitation.
How can I get referred?
You can be referred by a Specialist Mental Health Service