This leaflet may not be reproduced in whole or in part, without the permission of Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
Share this page:
This leaflet is to provide you with information that you will find useful during your stay. If you are not sure about anything in this leaflet please ask a member of staff.
Kinnersley is an inpatient rehabilitation service based at St George’s Park in Morpeth. It has 26 beds which are a mix of single person flats and 2/3 bedroom houses.
The service is for men and women over the age of 18 years who require a period of rehabilitation in hospital.
To help you get better by looking at your recovery and your lifestyle. The staff will help you to agree what you are working towards.
When you arrive you will be welcomed by a member of the care team. They will explain what will happen during your stay and give you information. You will have time to settle in and have a look around your environment.
The length of stay depends upon your personal needs. The care team will discuss this with you.
The activities will depend on what support you need for your recovery. Activities may include both social and recreational and will focus on developing new skills to manage your mental health.
Our activities and interventions are matched according to your individual needs. We encourage you and your family and carers to be as involved as possible in the planning and reviewing of care and treatment.
We will support you with:
• daily living skills
• developing social skills and interests
• improving self esteem and self confidence
• maintaining contact with family and significant others
• joining education and vocational programmes
• finding move on accommodation.
Some of the activities we include are:
• fishing group
• attending college
• walking groups
• trips to visit local places of interest
• cinema visits
• arts and crafts
If you want to make a comment, suggestion, compliment or complaint you can:
• talk to the people directly involved in your care
• ask a member of staff for a feedback form, or complete a form on the Trust website www.cntw.nhs.uk (click on the ‘Contact Us’ tab)
• telephone the Complaints Department 0191 245 6672
• email email@example.com Please note that information sent to the Trust via email is sent at your own risk
• We are always looking at ways to improve services. Your feedback allows us to monitor the quality of our services and act upon issues that you bring to our attention.
You can provide feedback in the following ways:
- the quickest way for you to do this is to complete our short online survey at www.cntw.nhs.uk/poy
- complete a Points of You survey, available from staff.
St George’s Park
Tel: 01670 501 832