The Criminal Justice Liaison and Diversion Service offers advice and support for people with a mental illness or learning difficulty who are involved in the criminal justice system. Practitioners are registered mental health or learning disability nurses employed by Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust who work closely with police and court staff.
Police station and court hours
- Middle Engine Lane police station 7am-7pm, 7 days a week
- Forth Banks police station 7am-7pm, 7 days a week
- Southwick police station 7am-7pm, 7 days a week
- South Tyneside police station 7am-3pm, Monday to Friday
- Bedlington court 8am-4pm, Monday to Friday
- South Tyneside court 8am-4pm, Monday to Friday
How can I get referred?
Referral is through Custody Officers, court, probation or legal service. You can also self refer.