This leaflet may not be reproduced in whole or in part, without the permission of Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
Share this page:
We have together agreed that our team will work with you to help you manage and resolve your mental health crisis.
Together we will do this by involving you and your family, friends, carers (with your consent) in working out what needs to happen next.
When we next meet, we will work together to help us understand what influences your mental health and wellbeing and further develop and agree your care plan together. A care plan is an agreement between you and your health professional to help you manage your health day to day.
By talking about your care plan with your health professional you can say how you want to manage your health and choose what's best for you. The care plan will be based on what you want so you're in control. Your care plan may include some of those points below, however will be unique to you.
• Arrangements for regular contact with the team either at home, at a place of your choice as well as over the telephone. Due to the team working over 24 hours you may see a number of different clinicians. We will try to minimise this as much as possible.
• How to help you to understand your mental health crisis and work out better ways of coping.
• If felt to be helpful, a review by a Psychiatric doctor.
• Monitoring and reviewing your medication.
• Support and information for your family, children, friends or carers who may be helping you.
• Practical support or signposting to other helpful services.
• Helping you to understand what will happen after our team is no longer involved with you and how you can stay well (long term objectives).
A booklet produced by people who use and work in services provided by Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust and some of their supporters. It aims to help you to understand what is important to your wellbeing. Download here
Further information about the content, reference sources or production of this leaflet can be obtained from the Patient Information Centre. If you would like to tell us what you think about this leaflet please get in touch.
This information can be made available in a range of formats on request (eg Braille, audio, larger print, easy read, BSL or other languages). Please contact the Patient Information Centre Tel: 0191 246 7288
Published by the Patient Information Centre
2020 Copyright, Cumbria,Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
Ref, PIC/777/0719 July 2019 V2
www.cntw.nhs.uk Tel: 0191 246 7288
Review date 2022