This leaflet may not be reproduced in whole or in part, without the permission of Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
1. This leaflet provides detailed information on your rights to appeal if you have been admitted to hospital from the courts. It is suggested that you ask an independent mental health advocate (IMHA) or the person in charge of the ward to assist you in going through this leaflet.
• If you were dealt with by a magistrates’ court see Part 1
• If you were dealt with at a Crown Court see Part 2
• For information on Legal Aid see Part 3
• For advice about independent mental health advocacy see Part 4
• If you were under 17 years at the time the order authorising your admission was made see Part 5