Community Treatment Teams provide a wide range of support for people seeking specialist advice for a mental health difficulty. The majority of people we support are aged 65 or older, although we do see people who are younger, depending on the reason for the referral.
We work with people who need more specialist or intensive help than their GP or other health worker is able to give. The teams consist of a range of specially trained staff with different roles and expertise. You will see the person best able to assist you at the appropriate time.
The area where you live will determine which CTT will provide your care. We cover two areas:
• South Tyneside
How does the CTT work?
If you, your family, your GP or another professional feels that you might benefit from our help they will contact us to arrange an appointment for you. If we can help, a member of the team will see you either at your home or as an outpatient as soon as possible.
We try to see all new patients as soon as possible after receiving a referral dependent upon need.
At the first appointment, we will discuss with you the problems you are experiencing and the best way to help you. You may be offered further help, either by the person who assessed you, or by another member of the team. The help we offer may include:
• Specialist assessments
• Psychological intervention/talking therapies
• Medication management
• Diagnosis and treatment of dementia
• Support, advice and health information
• Carer support for family members
• Linking with your GP and other services as necessary
Contact details and emergency phone numbers
We have a single point of contact telephone number.
The telephone number is 0303 123 1145 available 24 hours, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Other useful contacts
• Your GP
• Accident and Emergency
- Sunderland 0191 565 6256
- South Tyneside 0191 404 1046
• NHS Emergency and Urgent Care Service - 111
• The Samaritans - 116 123
• Social Services Emergency Duty Team
- Sunderland 0191 528 9110
- South Tyneside 0191 456 2093
Confidentiality and Data Protection
We have a duty to keep information about you confidential. We make sure that we only share it with others who are involved in providing care for you such as your GP or Social care professional. We keep all information securely.
Staff can arrange an interpreter if you need one.
What if I have a comment, suggestion, compliment or complaint about the service?
If you want to make a comment, suggestion, compliment or complaint you can:
• talk to the people directly involved in your care
• ask a member of staff for a feedback form, or complete a form on the Trust website www.cntw.nhs.uk (click on the ‘Contact Us’ tab)
• telephone the Complaints Department 0191 245 6672
• email email@example.com Please note that information sent to the Trust via email is sent at your own risk
• We are always looking at ways to improve services. Your feedback allows us to monitor the quality of our services and act upon issues that you bring to our attention.
You can provide feedback in the following ways:
- the quickest way for you to do this is to complete our short online survey at www.cntw.nhs.uk/poy
- complete a Points of You survey, available from staff.
Sunderland and South Tyneside
Sunderland Older Adult Community Treatment Team
You can contact team by ringing Single Point of Access Tel: 0303 123 1145 or 0800 652 2867 available 24 hours, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Information about content, other formats and version control
Further information about the content, reference sources or production of this leaflet can be obtained from the Patient Information Centre. If you would like to tell us what you think about this leaflet please get in touch.
This information can be made available in a range of formats on request (eg Braille, audio, larger print, easy read, BSL or other languages). Please contact the Patient Information Centre Tel: 0191 246 7288
Published by the Patient Information Centre
2020 Copyright, Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
Ref, PIC/772/0619 June 2019 V1
www.cntw.nhs.uk Tel: 0191 246 7288
Review date 2022