24/7, wherever you are, this free app puts you in control – allowing you to book, view and cancel appointments at your GP surgery with ease.
You can conveniently order repeat prescriptions and quickly check symptoms – plus access to NHS 111 online means no more wondering if you need urgent attention.
You can also set your organ donation preferences and view your GP medical record. It’s built and owned by the NHS, so you know your personal data is always secure.
This is just the beginning – a variety of new functions and services will also be added in the coming months. Why not download it and try it out for yourself?
What does the NHS App do?
The NHS App allows you to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet. You can:
- book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery
- order repeat prescriptions
- view your GP medical record
- register for organ donation and change your donation preferences
- use the symptoms checker, including an A to Z of conditions and treatment advice from the NHS website
- access 111 Online, for advice on self-care and whether urgent help is needed
Is my information safe?
Just like a banking app, the NHS app will carefully check your identity during the simple registration process. The app has been designed, built and tested so that your personal information is always safe and secure.
How to register through the NHS App
Download the app from your mobile device’s app store and follow the easy step-by-step registration instructions. It will help if you know your NHS number, and have a form of ID (passport or driving license) to hand.