A Section 136 suite is a facility for people who are detained by the Police under Section 136 of the Mental Health Act. It provides a ‘place of safety’ whilst potential mental health needs are assessed under the Mental Health Act and any necessary arrangements made for on-going care.
The 136 ‘place of safety’ admission/assessment suites are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Section 136 place of safety process is coordinated via the appropriate Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment team (CRHT). The CRHT have the responsibility to contact and coordinate the Mental Health Act assessment team and agree the appropriate Place of Safety dependent on needs.
Section 136 suites:
- Hopewood Park – NTW109
- St George’s Park – NTW 111
- St Nicholas Hospital – NTW112
Contact via Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Teams on the following numbers:
- Sunderland Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team: 0303 123 1145
- Newcastle/North Tyneside Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team: 0303 123 1146
- Northumberland Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team: 0303 123 1146
How to get Referred
Northumbria Police refer directly to local CRHT