The Children and Young People’s Service provides a single service to all children and young people aged 0-18 years living in Northumberland who present with mental health difficulties. This includes children and young people who may have learning difficulties and those living in a range of difficult and challenging circumstances.
The service is able to provide:
- Assessment, diagnosis and intervention on a range of mental health issues.
- Intensive response and home-based treatment for those children and young people whose mental health is causing significant concern.
- An intensive Eating Disorder Service to support children and young people on the eating disorder pathway who are at risk of an inpatient admission.
- A comprehensive transition support package to those young people who are approaching their 18th birthday and may need continuing support as adults.
- Training, consultation, support and advice to front line staff working in targeted services for children.
How to get referred
Referrals will be accepted from any professional working with child, young person or their family and self referrals can also be made. Referrals are accepted in written form by letter or fax. Referrals can also be made on the telephone by calling 01670 502 700 or freephone 0800 652 2861
For urgent or emergency referrals requiring a response within 24 hours please call: 0800 652 2861