Warkworth – Patient Information Leaflet
This leaflet provides information that you will find useful for a stay on Warkworth
This leaflet may not be reproduced in whole or in part, without the permission of Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
This leaflet provides you with information that you will find useful during your stay. If you are not sure about anything in this leaflet please ask a member of staff.
What is Warkworth?
Warkworth Ward is an assessment and treatment ward based at St Georges Park, Morpeth.
Who is it for?
The service is for men over the age of 18 years who are experiencing a relapse or crisis in their mental health and require in-patient admission.
Why do I need to be here?
During your admission staff will work with you to set goals as part of your recovery pathway leading to discharge.
Arriving on Warkworth
When you arrive you will be welcomed by a member of the care team. They will explain what will happen during your stay and give you information. You will have time to settle in and have a look around your environment.
How long will I be here?
The length of stay depends upon your personal needs. The care team will discuss this with you.
What sort of things can I do at Warkworth?
The activities will depend on what support you need for your recovery. Activities may include both social and recreational and will focus on developing new skills to manage your mental health.
You will also have access to the following services:
• Occupational Therapy – helps with individual or group activities and daily living skills
• Physiotherapy – help with any mobility or movement problems or by providing access to gym facilities
• Psychology – this is dependent on your need at the time of admission
• Chill out spaces
• Activity facilitators
• Art therapy
• Exercise therapy – gym
Staff can arrange an interpreter if you need one.
Contact Traveline: Tel: 0871 200 22 33
• Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0191 246 6800
• Patient and Carer Engagement Team Tel: 01670 501 816
• Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) Tel: 0800 032 02 02
For further information contact
St George’s Park
Tel: 01670 501 866
What if I have a comment, suggestion, compliment or complaint about the service?
If you want to make a comment, suggestion, compliment or complaint you can:
• talk to the people directly involved in your care
• ask a member of staff for a feedback form, or complete a form on the Trust website www.cntw.nhs.uk (click on the ‘Contact Us’ tab)
• telephone the Complaints Department 0191 245 6672
• email firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that information sent to the Trust via email is sent at your own risk
• We are always looking at ways to improve services. Your feedback allows us to monitor the quality of our services and act upon issues that you bring to our attention.
You can provide feedback in the following ways:
– the quickest way for you to do this is to complete our short online survey at www.cntw.nhs.uk/poy
– complete a Points of You survey, available from staff.
Other formats, references and review
Further information about the content, reference sources or production of this leaflet can be obtained from the Patient Information Centre. If you would like to tell us what you think about this leaflet please get in touch.
This information can be made available in a range of formats on request (eg Braille, audio, larger print, easy read, BSL or other languages). Please contact the Patient Information Centre Tel: 0191 246 7288
Published by the Patient Information Centre
2022 Copyright, Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
Ref, PIC/432/1022 October 2019 V6
www.cntw.nhs.uk Tel: 0191 246 7288
Review date 2025