- Psychological services help run groups on the ward.
- Groups help you learn ways of managing your feelings.
- You can listen to other people talk about their experiences which may help you to think about your own life.
- Groups are helpful because you can learn and practice skills with other people.
- You can ask your key nurse or activity co-ordinator about groups on the ward.
Working with you and your family can be an important part of your recovery.
Psychological services can help you communicate and meet with your family.
Psychological services work closely with the ward staff to help support you
We also complete research projects to help develop effective interventions
We evaluate our services to improve them
Here are things people have told us about what they found helpful from psychological services:
"My confidence has grown."
"Improved wellbeing, less stressed as someone knows the extent of problems I face daily."
"Just that I had someone on my side for a change."
"Having someone to confide in about frustrations and problems I face."