Silvercloud is a free online platform to access a range of programmes that can be tailored to your specific needs. The programmes have demonstrated high improvement rates for depression, anxiety disorders and stress. They are flexible and can be accessed anywhere and at any time on your computer, tablet or mobile phone. Programmes consist of a range of modules that can be completed at your own pace. You can work independently on these but a qualified NHS Practitioner will provide written online feedback and guidance at fortnightly intervals.
- Immediate access – no waiting lists
- Flexible, available 24/7 from your home computer, tablet or smartphone
- Easy to use
- Working at your own pace
- 12-month access of programme, providing continued use following end of support
- Outcomes are comparable to face to face therapy
- Stress: This programme will help enhance existing strengths and build new skills such as building resilience and problem-solving.
- Anxiety: This programme can help you to manage anxiety and feel better by increasing awareness of your moods and learning techniques to control anxious thoughts.
- Depression: This programme is an effective treatment for people experiencing low mood and depression using practical strategies to tackle unhelpful thoughts, behaviours, unpleasant physical feelings and sometimes difficult emotions associated with depression.
- Depression and anxiety: For those who have been experiencing symptoms of both depression and anxiety, this programme will help you understand the connection between your thoughts, feelings and behaviours while making small changes to boost your mood.
- Anxiety (student/adult)
- Depression (student/adult)
- Health Anxiety
- Depression and Anxiety
- Perinatal Wellbeing
- Stress (student/adult)
- Resilience (student/adult)
- Money worries
- Space in lung conditions from depression and anxiety
Please see this poster and video for more information about Silvercloud, an online supported CBT programme.
Feedback from Cumbrian patients using Silvercloud
The Silver Cloud programme suited my needs and by completing it on line and at my own speed there was time to think and reflect as the programme progressed. My supporters reviews were encouraging and her suggestions on particular modules to look at aided navigation through the programme.
The whole programme is set in such a way to be interesting and relevant.
I found the sessions very accessible and relevant to my problems. Each module illustrated some of the difficulties I’d been having and very simple ways of coping with those problems. The personal statements made me realise that I’m not alone feeling the way I do (or did). The course was very valuable.
If you feel this option would suit your needs, please click here to refer yourself to NHS North Cumbria Talking Therapies. During your initial assessment if cCBT is felt appropriate this will be offered to you. Following this you would have an initial telephone call with the qualified practitioner who will be supporting you and can answer any questions. National guidelines currently recommend the use of cCBT for people with mild to moderate depression or anxiety, therefore for some people this will not be appropriate and other treatment options will be discussed.
Frequently asked questions
Will I be supported by the same trained clinician all the way through?
Yes, we would aim for the same clinician to support you all the way through but on rare occasions when staffing changes we may need to allocate another clinician to avoid any gaps in treatment.
Will I have to attend appointments at set times?
No, the feedback will be given online on the agreed date and you can read and use this at a time that is most convenient to you.
Can I use the programmes on my phone?
Yes, once your account has been set up you can also use the app which is available on all major app stores.
What do I do if this option isn’t right for me or I don’t think it is working for me?
You can discuss this with your clinician, and they can discuss other options with you and if needed they can help you access other options within the service such as telephone therapy or face-to-face therapy.
Is it as effective as other forms of therapy?
Yes, for the problems that we use Silvercloud for, it is as effective as others types of therapy but if for some reason you don’t find it helpful, you can access other types of therapy that might suit you better.
How long does it take?
We suggest completing one module each week but it is flexible and up to you. We provide up to eight online reviews. You can also access all the programmes for up to one year (even after discharge from the service).
How often are the reviews and how are the reviews delivered?
Reviews with your Silvercloud supporter will be scheduled approximately once a fortnight using the Silvercloud platform. They will be in a written format with the purpose of offering feedback and guidance on the modules you have engaged with.
How do I contact you?
You can speak with your Silvercloud supporter through Silvercloud by replying to reviews or sharing the work you are doing. If you need to speak to us directly before your review you can contact the North Cumbria Talking Therapies hub on 0300 123 9122. Following your welcome call we expect most of our communication with you to be via the Silvercloud online platform.