Hadrian 2 is a high risk needs-led acute psychiatric ward for the whole of Cumbria based at the Carleton Clinic in Carlisle. It has 10 beds providing assessment, care and treatment by a multi-disciplinary team.
Who is Hadrian 2 for?
Hadrian 2 is men aged 18 years and over who have a functional mental illness such as depression, anxiety or psychosis and require admission to hospital because they are:
• At risk of immediate and significant self-harm/suicide or self-neglect due to their mental health and/or
• At immediate and significant risk to others due to their mental health.
• In circumstances where there is immediate risk of the breakdown in normal life or support network.
• In circumstances where existing community service user is already receiving a higher level of input due to the level of deterioration of their mental state, or the increased level of risk
• At significant risk of personal vulnerability and exploitation.
• At significant risk of mental health deterioration without mental health intervention.
How can I get referred?
The Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team (CRHT) is the ‘gatekeeper’ for all the referrals to the in-patient service. Hadrian is identified as a ‘place of safety’ under Section 136 of the Mental Health Act.