This leaflet may not be reproduced in whole or in part, without the permission of Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
Share this page:
• We aim to ease your anxiety, and support you to have a smooth discharge from the community treatment team.
• We intend to introduce belief and hope in your personal recovery journey.
The service is for community treatment team patients who are stable with their mental health and treatment, and are shortly being transferred back to the care of their doctor (GP).
We will work with you to agree your goals.
At our first meeting we can create a personal care plan, this could include:
• Wellness recovery action plans/stages to wellness
• Signposting to local support services in the community
• Education around illness
• Carers support
• Access to peer support workers
• Refreshing skills previously learnt e.g. mindfulness
• Health and wellbeing advice
• Support and monitoring of medication.
We offer monthly, clinic based appointments for an agreed frequency of time, up to six months. Appointments times are between 9am-5pm and usually last no longer than one hour. You are more than welcome to attend alone or bring a friend or carer with you.
You can be referred to the service by any of the healthcare professionals involved with your current care from our team.
Following a referral being accepted you will receive a letter to offer you an appointment or informing you that you have been placed on the waiting list. A nurse or occupational therapist will then meet with you and identify how our appointments could be useful for you.
If you become unwell whilst open to the Community Treatment Team, we would hope that with your strength, our support and the resources we are able to provide we would together find a way forward into recovery.
If you find yourself requiring additional support you can contact our duty worker on: North and East Community Treatment Team
Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm 0191 287 5300
Newcastle West Community Treatment Team
Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm 0191 287 5060
Gateshead Community Treatment Team
Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm 0191 441 6700
Alternatively if you find yourself in a mental health crisis you could contact the Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team on: 0191 814 8899
Your care will be reviewed at the earliest opportunity and as a team we will support you.
Once your appointments have ended you will be able to continue your recovery journey with increased confidence. You should already have an understanding of all other services that can support you. We will discharge you and your doctor (GP) will take over your care. If you require support from our services again in the future you will need to re-visit your doctor (GP) and they can re-refer you to the community treatment team.
If you want to make a comment, suggestion, compliment or complaint you can:
• talk to the people directly involved in your care
• ask a member of staff for a feedback form, or complete a form on the Trust website www.cntw.nhs.uk (click on the ‘Contact Us’ tab)
• telephone the Complaints Department 0191 245 6672
• email email@example.com Please note that information sent to the Trust via email is sent at your own risk
• We are always looking at ways to improve services. Your feedback allows us to monitor the quality of our services and act upon issues that you bring to our attention.
You can provide feedback in the following ways:
- the quickest way for you to do this is to complete our short online survey at www.cntw.nhs.uk/poy
- complete a Points of You survey, available from staff.
Further information about the content, reference sources or production of this leaflet can be obtained from the Patient Information Centre. If you would like to tell us what you think about this leaflet please get in touch.
This information can be made available in a range of formats on request (eg Braille, audio, larger print, easy read, BSL or other languages). Please contact the Patient Information Centre Tel: 0191 246 7288
Published by the Patient Information Centre
2020 Copyright, Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
Ref, PIC/804/0220 February 2020 V2
www.cntw.nhs.uk Tel: 0191 246 7288
Review date: 2021